Sunday 25 May 2014

Macro Photography Assignment

Before
"Perspective"

"Perspective" - Balance

     I chose to take a photo of this pine cone because of how much detail I could see on it. The element of design in this picture is balance. The pine cone is on an attractive angle and is balanced with the company of a chestnut shell. To enhance this photo, I cropped it slightly to have a more rule of thirds look present. I wanted the photo to have more colour in it, because it looked dull and boring by itself. I adjusted the hue and saturation, along with the contrast to bring the colour and details to life. 

Before
"Tears of Joy"






"Tears of Joy" - Texture 


     I chose to take a photo of this plant because it is unfamiliar to me and I really like the colour of red-purple that is in the leaves. The element of design portrayed in this picture is texture, because of the rain droplets on it. To enhance this picture, I cropped it to show one main leaf which had the largest rain drops on it, and the largest rain drop in the lower middle-left corner is my focal point. I adjusted the saturation to give the leaves a more vibrant red look, and adjusted the contrast to make the leaf, and rain features crisper. This is my favourite photo, and I really like how it turned out. 

Before
"The Last One Standing"










"The Last One Standing" - Colour

     I chose to take this photo because roses are gorgeous flowers that have lots of detail, and always look excellent in pictures. The element of design shown in this picture is colour, because of the vibrant red in the rose. To enhance this photo, I cropped it using the rule of thirds vertically, for interest. I adjusted the contrast, and saturation slightly, to increase vibrancy, but the rose did not need too much enhancing.

5 comments:

  1. Carissa, your photographs are beautiful. You've got nice clear focus and they are cropped to their best advantage. The red leaf is fabulous in terms of composition, colour and the water detail. The pine cone is a very unique angle and has great contrast. The rose looks classic. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU THINK YOU'RE SO ARTISTIC BUT YOU'RE NOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian you bully. Carissa's pics are fab.

    ReplyDelete