Monday 17 February 2014

Photojournalism - D10 Wrestling

"Pure Joy"
I chose this photo because I loved the emotion shown in the wrestler's, and referee's faces. Both look very happy to be there. I cropped this photo and changed it to black and white because it focuses in more on the two people (wrestler and referee) than the spectators in the background.
 
"Going Down"
 For this photo, I only chose to crop because there was a lot of people in the background, which are distracting. I chose to not convert this picture to black and white because one of the wrestlers has darker features so putting it into black and white made the whole photo harder to see in general.
 
"Game Faces"
 I cropped this photo, and also changed it to black and white. I did this because it really focuses in on the two wrestlers, and captures the emotion and determination of both boys to win the match.






1 comment:

  1. Carissa, I think photo #3 is your strongest image. The focus is pretty clear and you've cropped it well to remove background distractions. It is an interesting pose and the shapes are well balanced.
    The wrestler with the referee in photo #1 is also well cropped. You've caught a key moment and it is only slightly out of focus.
    Photo #2 is a very interesting crop. The shapes fill the page well, but you must have been a long distance away because the image is not very crisp. Next time get close and use the auto focus feature if you need it.

    ReplyDelete