Friday 28 February 2014

Overlay Technique Photos - The Carissa Zoo

 This is the original photo I used, a picture that Mrs. Reidel took of me in class on Wednesday.

 In this photo, I used a cheetah face, and my own eyes. For my neck, I copied the cheetah face, made another layer, erased everything except for the forehead, and fit it to my neck. I cropped this photo so I would be off to the right instead of being centered. I like how this one turned out because the gradient background and my hair colour match the cheetah fur colour well. 



 For this photo, I used the face of a gorilla, and my own eyes. I cropped this picture, similarly to the cheetah photo above, except I also cropped it so there wouldn't be as much background above my head. A challenge with this photo was getting the animal's face to fit mine, and it did not end up working so, I copied the face twice, and made two new layers, one for my neck, and one for my forehead. From the copied face layers, I erased everything except for the forehead, and used that on my forehead and neck. I don't like how the forehead looks in this picture because the forehead layer is overlapping with the face layer. On the neckline, it also overlaps, but I like how it looks there because it simply looks like collar bones, not a poorly done neck.

1 comment:

  1. Carissa, congratulations on getting two versions done. I agree that the cheetah is the better of the two. The colouring does work very well. I like that you blacked out the shirt and the gradient in the background looks very effective with the hotspot behind your face. In the gorilla version you did a great job of extending the skin texture, it just doesn't blend into your hairline as well as the cheetah.
    Your written descriptions are grammatically perfect but could still have more detail. In the cheetah explanation you did not mention changing the shirt or the rationale for the colours in the gradient. I'd love to see you using words like "lowered the opacity" or "used the distortion tool to resize".
    You seem to be using class time well and you blog is shaping up nicely!

    ReplyDelete